Monday, November 17, 2008

Live from New York...

If you were as worried as I was that SNL would start sucking again now that Sarah Palin has been exiled returned home to Alaska, rest easy and breathe deep; everyone's favorite weekend sketch show crushed the competition. Literally.



That impression devastates me every time I watch it (and I've been watching it all day...yes, I have a job). The sound effect at the 0:53 mark--- priceless.

And then, in what I took as 3 giant snaps in a circular motion to the kids on YouTube, Paul Rudd, surprise guest Justin Timberlake, and Beyahweh herself spoofed the "Single Ladies" video to perfection...



"Dance biscuits" sent my soul to the Upper Room. I'm sure I'll see you there.


All gifts from Virgo aside, was this not the GAYEST episode in SNL history? There were no less than 5 sketches that involved dude-on-dude lovin' (and that's not even counting "the dancers" above). I guess we can chalk it up to Prop 8 one way or the other; some people thought the show was trying to parody the homo-panic that helped the proposition pass. But not everyone was feeling it.

I say as long as I laugh...but who the fuck am I? What's your take on the matter?

No comments: