Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Way That I Love You (Aww Baby)

I don't really know why this has become a 2nd-rate music blog, either. I guess it was just a matter of time.



Ashanti (Aww Baby) came out at a time when I was pissed at music press for praising singers who wrote their own songs regardless of how much those songs sucked [see: Vanessa Carlton, Michelle Branch, Avril Levigne].

Or should I say how FOOLISH/UNFOOLISH they were?

But I'll always leave room for a little backpedling; I like Ashanti (Aww Baby)'s new single. I didn't know it was her when I first heard it, which is probably for the best -- you know you hate on songs because of the artist, too -- but I think it's the melody that gets to me.

The video is a bit OVAH, but what can you do?
(If you don't already know where that link is going, you don't know me at all. That mess never gets old to me.)

No comments: