Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fashion Rocks; Cancer Sucks



Fashion Rocks was televised on CBS last night. If you don't know, it's basically a big concert/fashion show mashup that takes place every year and pays tribute to legendary musicians and designers.

I caught most of the show, and I will say it was pretty entertaining. It certainly kicked the crap out of the VMAs, but I've seen finger puppetry that kicked the crap out of this year's VMAs so...

The big surprise for me, though, was seeing all 3,000 women who took part in the Stand Up to Cancer charity single come onstage to perform the song "live." (Those quotation marks are for Mariah who, God love her, seemed to have no idea where she was the whole night... I blame Nick Cannon.)

Now, your guess is as good as mine why Beyoncé put that wig back on after the Etta James tribute was long over. But what I know for certain is once Miley Cyrus and Rihanna started trading bars, my soul went on home to glory.

Just keep telling yourself, "It's for a good cause. It's for a good cause."

No comments: