Friday, May 30, 2008

Since You've Been Gone

I was away for a few days on a bit of business, but apparently the world went all Gary Busey in my absence.

First, I check my mail and receive a letter from the Maryland Institute College of Art stating that I owe $50 on my student account. The problem with this, as I see it, is that I was never a student at the Maryland Institue College of Art. Sure, I worked there for a year, but during that time they paid me. So unless they can give me a really compelling argument as to why I should donate $50 to the school's latest charity drive or something, I see no reason why I should pay off an imaginary account. Thanks anyway, though.

Then, I head over to the BBC America website to see how many episodes I missed of my current-favorite show Hollyoaks and saw this little stunner at the top of the page:

Dear Hollyoaks Fans:

Thanks for your support of Hollyoaks on BBCAmerica.com. You have been the show's biggest cheerleaders from day one, and it has been our pleasure to bring you streaming episodes of the show since October 2007. However, as BBCAmerica.com works to bring you new content, our streaming of Hollyoaks will come to an end. The last streamed episode - Episode 260 - will be available for viewing until June 6, 2008.

Once again, we thank you for your dedication to Hollyoaks and hope that you'll stay tuned to BBCAmerica.com for more fabulous content!

Cheers!

BBCAMERICA.com




How am I supposed to breathe with no air??



I joke to keep from crying. I really have been head-over-heels with this show since I stumbled on it on YouTube about 4 or 5 months ago. It's become part of my daily ritual, along with brushing my teeth and styling on the youth of metro Atlanta.

It would be one thing if the show had been canceled, but it's still going strong in England so it seems they're just gonna cut it off at a random place in the story. America sucks. Or at least its BBC.

"Cheers," indeed.

No comments: